Remote therapy is a quickly growing way to get help from the comfort and safety of your own space. It involves providing a wide variety of mental health services, such as psychotherapy, and support from a therapist over the internet or telephone. This can happen through email, text message, video chat, online chat, or over the phone.
Remote therapy is quickly becoming an important source for an increasing number of people, especially during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are facing. Remote therapy broadens the horizon to those who may never have had it as an option before. There are many benefits to online counseling and teletherapy that make it a great alternative to in-person therapy sessions.
Why Choose Remote Online Counseling?
In light of everything we are facing right now due to the coronavirus outbreak, staying healthy is the most important benefit to remote therapy. The fact of the matter is, life problems are still going on and we still need help to face them. Being cooped up in your home 24/7 because of this rapidly spreading virus also takes a toll on people. Not only that, but people may also be feeling very anxious, fearful, and even depressed because of all of this.
During a time when social distancing is crucial, face to face therapy is not really an option. Remote therapy can be very beneficial to your mental health and also your physical health, as we must do everything we can to stay safe and healthy during this trying time. There are other benefits to remote therapy that include:
- People in more remote or rural places where mental health services may not be readily available. This gives them a new avenue to get any mental health services they may not normally have.
- Those with busy schedules find that remote counseling is more accessible for them because they can fit it around their busy schedules to a time that is more convenient for them. It is also beneficial for those who do a lot of traveling and need to be able to fit therapy sessions into their busy lives.
- For those with physical limitations like wheelchair-bound or are unable to drive, going to in-person therapy may not be an option for them at all.
- For people with social anxiety or other psychological limitations, remote therapy allows them to stay in the comfort of their own home and alleviates some of the stress or anxiety they may feel with going to an actual office. It adds a level of approachability to the situation.
- Remote therapy also brings with it an even greater sense of privacy.
- Remote therapy can make people feel more at ease and allows them to open up more about what they are going through. For some, doing that face to face can be difficult.
- For those who have never tried therapy at all, remote therapy can be a good way to make someone feel more comfortable with getting the help they need.
Is Remote Therapy Effective?
Anything that you might need to see a therapist face to face for, you can also do remotely from your device. Here at the Counseling Center for Growth & Recovery, we offer a wide variety of services to fit your specific needs. We offer counseling services for anxiety and depression, grief and loss, relationship counseling, and addiction counseling to help you gain freedom from any psychological and/or emotional distress that is holding you back.
You don’t have to go it alone
Depression, sadness, anxiety disorders, addictions, stress, and worry can make it difficult to find happiness in your life. We all need support at different times in our lives. Most of our clients seek help when their current way of dealing with life’s challenges no longer works for them.
With offering remote therapy, we can reach more people, for whatever reason they have, and they can get the help they need. Life can be very challenging and we all need support from time to time. For any mental health concerns, remote therapy can be a great approach for you. We offer a solution-motivated approach where we can explore, in a safe way, your challenges in life.