Online counseling or video therapy is a rapidly growing way to get mental health help from the comfort and safety of your own home. It involves providing a wide variety of mental health services and support from a therapist remotely via the phone or an internet connection. This can happen through email, text message, video chat, online chat, or over the phone. Online counseling has become an important source for an increasing number of people.
While in-person therapy is a great and helpful source to have, it may not be a resource that all people have access to. The great news is that online therapy is just as effective as in-person therapy and is a very practical alternative. It is just as effective with anything that you may need help with including addiction counseling, anxiety and depression, grief and loss counseling, relationship counseling, and much more. Online counseling broadens the horizon to those who may never have had it as an option before. There are many benefits to online counseling that include:
- People in more remote or rural places where mental health services may not be readily available. This gives them a new avenue to get any mental health services they may not normally have.
- Those with busy schedules find that online counseling is more accessible for them because they can fit it around their schedule to a time that is more convenient for them.
- For those with physical limitations and/or health concerns, going to in-person office therapy may not be an option for them at all.
- For people with social anxiety or other psychological limitations, online counseling allows them to stay in the comfort of their own home and alleviates some of the stress or anxiety they may feel with going to an actual office.
- Online counseling also brings with it an even greater sense of privacy.
- Online counseling can make people feel more at ease and allows them to open up more about what they are going through. For some, doing that face to face can be difficult.
Online counseling offers all the same benefits that you would get with in person therapy, but it is now much more accessible to those who may not have access. According to mentalhealth.gov:
Only 44% of adults with diagnosable mental health problems and less than 20% of children and adolescents receive needed treatment.
By offering online counseling, we can reach more people, for whatever reason they have, and they can get the help they need. Life can be very challenging, and we all need support from time to time. For any mental health concerns, online counseling can be a great approach for you. At the Counseling Center for Growth and Recovery, we offer a solution-motivated approach where we can explore, in a safe way, your challenges in life.
Overcoming with mental health challenges you are dealing with isn’t an easy hurdle to face. Luckily you do not have to face it on your own. We are ready to help you or a loved one overcome the pains and struggles in your life every step of the way. Now is the time to get the help you need. Let us help you do it.
We offer remote online therapy from the comfort and security of home that will allow you to learn more effective ways of managing your anxiety, depression, relationship problems, or stress.